<$BlogRSDURL$>
From Penang
Thursday, December 13, 2007
 
HITTING THE THIRD DECADE

Curse that Kenny Sia. No sooner than I had seen his birthday blog, I wanted to write one of my own. Except that I can't remotely think of 30 things that I did when I was 29. Well I can but it would include very dull stuff like 1) eat 2) sleep 3) go to the toilet (+ 26 more) so I'm going to attempt 13 things (since my birthday is on the 13th and it kinda sounds like 30!) I've done since I've been in Penang for the last 7 years.

1) Run a half marathon across Penang Bridge & back without any training.

2) Played top flight first division football (Penang's amateur leagues are not easy!)

3) Got articles and letters posted in The Star, FruitAsia and the Malaysian FourFourTwo.

4) Won 2 footballs in a Coca-Cola competition which involved my wife drinking lots of coke whilst I kept and posted all the pulled tabs off!

5) Went through tough times in my marriage and still remained married (to the same woman!) at the end of it.

6) Coached the KDU football team to victory in the Inter-College Games and seeing the progress the boys have made over the last 2 years.

7) Giving Ben some advice that helped him come 2nd in a colouring contest in Gurney Plaza.

8) Juggled the ball more than 300 times when in England I struggled to reach 20. Actually the only time Ben has ever spontaneously applauded me is when I juggled a ball, lifted it up to the back of my neck, did 10 press ups and then stood up again. I didn't realise he was watching so the round of applause was quite a surprise.

9) Finally found a legal job in Malaysia.

10) Do something that people on Fear Factor couldn't - eat lots of durians!

11) Impressively not hit a motorcyclist whilst driving in Penang.

12) Scored the perfect hat-trick.

13) Won a trip to Taiwan, 2 football shirts, a year's subscription to a football magazine, a PS2 game (despite not actually owning a PS2), & err a bookmark through my own creativity in competition entries.

That was a pretty good chocolate Belgian cake that my wife got me too...
 
Comments: Post a Comment
Things & Thoughts from the turtle shaped island.

ARCHIVES
August 2003 / September 2003 / November 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / September 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / July 2008 /


Powered by Blogger