<$BlogRSDURL$>
From Penang
Monday, January 23, 2006
 
GLORY, FAME & FORTUNE


...well probably just 30 days of fame. If you buy a copy of this month's FourFourTwo magazine, the local Malaysian edition, and turn to page 7, you will see my letter published in the bottom right hand corner. In all honesty, it wasn't hard to get it published because of the apathy of local Malaysian football readers and/or writers. Normally the magazine has to port the letters from the English edition to fill up the double page spread so as long as a reasonably written e-mail/letter was sent, chances of publication would be high.

Happily it's not only a minute of fame but also a year long prize - a free 12 month subscription to the magazine thereby saving me RM85 (if they ever get their e-mail server back into shape so that I can contact them).

Here is a blurred photo of my skilful, witty, insightful writing. (If you actually wish to peruse the article, I can send you a readable copy as I saved in a Word file.)

Posted by Picasa
...if you squint really hard and drink a pint, you can just make out my name in the bottom right hand corner. Posted by Picasa
 
Comments:
send us a copy dez.
 
Hey Dez,

Bert and I were talking about you when he was in HK and we both agreed that you should really be a journalist because of your gift in writing. I think this maybe your first step in finding your dream job! No kidding! (Oh yeah, please send me a copy too ^-^)
 
When has Bert ever read any of my writing? I can't think of many instances at all...
 
Oh and my dream job would probably be getting paid to play football (and my body clock is ticking away!).
 
well, to answer your first question, Bert has been reading your writing ever since you started with the match reports for the SCCC Warriors ^-^ Secondly, I guess one of my desire is to play rugby again.. not sure whether I will get paid for it though....
 
Post a Comment
Things & Thoughts from the turtle shaped island.

ARCHIVES
August 2003 / September 2003 / November 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / September 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / July 2008 /


Powered by Blogger