<$BlogRSDURL$>
From Penang
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
 
TWO OR THREE?

Ok, you know I'm getting a bit stuck for topics when I'm writing about this but one of the things that drives me crazy about Malaysia is that can't the country can't seem to decide whether to stick with two or three pin plugs for their electrical devices. (At this point, some smart aleck will give right an answer in the comments section but I shall continue my rant because I am pre-empting your answer.) If all the sockets in the country have 3 pin sockets, you should really just import devices already with 3 pin plugs.

Because in the middle of the night, you really just want to be able to just put the plug into the socket instead of messing around looking for one of those little adaptors to allow a two point plug to fit into a three point socket. Or looking for a pen to stick into the earth part of the socket. In an ideal world, you should be sensible enough to keep all the adaptors in one place. But in an ideal world, there would be no war.

I suspect it's got something to do with the relative closeness of Japan and thus importing their products which don't have 3 pin plugs. Or is it a case of being an old English colony that they feel that they should adapt to British standards such as our metric system and err electrical sockets?

"Captain, we've been flying together a long time. You see four is an unlucky number."
"Unlucky?"
"Yeah, it's not a prime number. Three is a prime number. The Holy Trinity. The Three Musketeers. The Three Stooges. Three's company."
"Three dimensions."
"Menage a Trois. Don't forget that one."

(from Stealth, I know I could have picked a better film but the script was seemed right for this posting!)
 
Comments:
I could also refer you to other blogs that I write (click on the other facets on the right hand side). Obviously football might not be your thing but if you read enough of it, you might get used to it. However there will be a preview of the film, Madagascar, which I saw yesterday (yes, yes, world premiere I hear you say ;)).

Blimey - such a demanding audience (all 2 of you) so better do something quick or else my readership will be cut in half!!!
 
Post a Comment
Things & Thoughts from the turtle shaped island.

ARCHIVES
August 2003 / September 2003 / November 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / September 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / July 2008 /


Powered by Blogger