<$BlogRSDURL$>
From Penang
Tuesday, March 08, 2005
 
christian musings - PICK ONE

Something ironic happened to me today. (I hope ironic is the correct word to use.)

I started reading Helen's Christmas present (don't ask me why it took so long to get started!) which is a book entitled The Path to Holiness (by Andrew Murray) which is basically a calling to BE HOLY. Whilst reading through this I was waiting for my computer & internet connection to start up. I then logged onto cinemaonline and the first (large) words I saw in an advertising campaign was BE COOL!

Seeing these words so close together actually reminded me that you can only choose one: choose the way of God or choose the way of the world. I've been searching for the last ten minutes trying to find the bible verse that jumpted to my mind only to come to the conclusion that I was thinking about one regarding money! (Luke 16:13 - "you cannot serve both God and Money.") Doh!!

But the first letter of John is applicable for my views here (see 1 John 2:15-17):
"Do not love the world or anything in the world. (sic) The world and its desire pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives for ever."

No-one ever said Christian life was easy sigh but that's a topic for another post. It's a choice that you have to make every day, every hour, every minute. (Additional info - I found out later that 'Be Cool' is the title of John Travolta's next feature length film, a follow up to Get Shorty.)
 
Comments: Post a Comment
Things & Thoughts from the turtle shaped island.

ARCHIVES
August 2003 / September 2003 / November 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / September 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / July 2008 /


Powered by Blogger