A WEEK OF ROMANCE...OR WAS IT?Well Valentine's Day came and went and the Yeung family spent a gross amount of zero ringitt on dinners, flowers, chocolates or cards. I don't mind it although it has been said in many other places far better than mine about how much of it is a merchandising extravaganza - and well this year, we decided not to secuumb to it. The week before was our fifth year wedding anniversary and we didn't do anything there either - although it's hard to be romantic when you are with your incredibly unromantic in-laws AND it's the first day of Chinese New Year AND Port Klang is a completely unknown place to me for lurveeee.
FOOLISH THINGS THAT DEREK DID #61We got a lift from an old coursemate of Yin Ping's called Jimmy from KLCC back to Port Klang. He has a lovely souped up Satria that has a nice throaty roar and very sporty seats. Anyway we got back to my in-laws and then we packed up and I drove back to Penang that very night. I prefer night driving as it is cooler, there is are no jams, the likelihood of policemen holding speed cameras are very low (I don't the police force is dedicated enough to wait for people at 2 o clock in the morning!) and it is easy to spot other cars (due to headlights).
Well after a lengthly non-stop 4 and a half hour drive, we finally got back to Penang, unpacked most of our stuff and dropped onto the bed. But before that, Yin Ping asked me, "Where's your phone?"
Oh dear. It was always tugging at the back of my mind as I never saw it around the house in Klang during the packing stage. Ahh, yes, the last place I remember was in Jimmy's car. That little hole, next to the door handle
Four hours away in a southery direction...