Ben - LEGO DESIGNER SET 4098
Ben received 2 lego sets for Christmas; one from us and one from Uncle Stephen and Auntie Jenny - posted all the way from England. Ben actually prefers the one sent over as the 34 creations are all based round aircraft. It has also made me a bit proud of my son because it says on the box that age range is from 6-99 and our four and a half year old son can pretty much follow all the instructions on his own! Specifically it was Lego designer set 4098: High Flyers which can be found on their website:
www.lego.com
Actually I just called Ben out of the bedroom (it's 12.40am) to look at the website with me and he was most intrigued by the animation shown on the screen. His first question during the viewing was, "Why is the propellor not spinning?" and of course his next words were, "I want to watch it again." Apparently he's tech savy enough to also request, "I want to listen to the sound." Now he's all hyped up by the animation and wants to make the aeroplanes that he saw on the screen (and are shown in his booklet).
Bad parenting!
Right now he is busy looking for pieces to build another plane whilst I try to coax him to bed. (Derek comes back to the computer). Fortunately for me, he is actually quite tired from a long day and is now lying horizontal next to his blue bear.
I share this story with you all so that you don't follow my example. A child
already in bed should ideally stay there until the following morning (unless there are any emergencies). Any further out of bed activity is likely to bring his adrenaline levels up a notch and then
you, as the parent or child minder, will be in trouble as it will be difficult to replace the toddler onto his mattress.