<$BlogRSDURL$>
From Penang
Friday, January 14, 2005
 
anecdotes - A FLESHING HEADER

I've never been a fan of the tabloid newspapers in England but after trying to write a posting every day, I am beginning to see why they get so umm creative in their football stories. To come up with something new every day is not an easy task but it still doesn't give journalists the license to make things up! Be more observant or try to do some actual research with the appropriate football clubs! Actually I have no idea why I said that because no journalist is going to ever going to read these comments so I shall not blabber on anymore.

Who says that you never learn anything from the bible?

My son and I were driving (I was working the pedals, he was doing the steering) to Bayern Baru Outreach Point and we saw a flock of birds flutter across the beautiful evening sky with the orange sun setting behind a cluster of clouds. After we had ascertained that they were feathered flying creatures and not distant leaves, Ben remarked "and the birds will eat your flesh." A bit gruesome for such a young kid. (c.f. Genesis 40:19). Kids' minds are like sponges!

Later in the evening, I went for a futsal game (11pm) in which I scored with a diving header. It was a beautiful feeling. It's generally difficult to score with headers due to the smaller size of the goals but a header where you have to connect with the ball at waist height is even more rare. I just sensed the low cross coming and flung my whole body across the defender and it flew in off my head. Wonderful!

 
Comments: Post a Comment
Things & Thoughts from the turtle shaped island.

ARCHIVES
August 2003 / September 2003 / November 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / September 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / July 2008 /


Powered by Blogger