<$BlogRSDURL$>
From Penang
Sunday, May 09, 2004
 
story - READY. STEADY. GO!

In one of those rare moments of life, I was looking forward to Ben growing up. Not that I want him to move out and leave home just quite yet (I’m actually looking forward to coping with his teenage years) but because today, I officially moved into doing something that older people do

I was roped into being a judge at a church kindergarten sports day.

Whilst the children were preparing themselves for their competitive activities, the audience, mostly parents, were either busy seating themselves or angling for a good photographic angle. Then it occurred to me that I was looking at possible competitors.

One of the advantages of having children young is that a lot of your youthful energy is traded off on your kids whereas if you are older, you might be more tired (with the tradeoff being lack of experience). However another by product of starting early, as it were, is that it also gives me a good physical advantage in the parents’ competitions when Sports Day comes round for Ben at school!

I could feel my competitive juices flowing just watching the parents run and realized that I’m really going to have calm down when the big day comes (in 5 years time!)! It actually reminds of that old advert where the dad is all hyped up for his sports day (after eating some breakfast cereal) and then turns to look at his competitors, one of whom turns out to be...Linford Christie!
 
Things & Thoughts from the turtle shaped island.

ARCHIVES
August 2003 / September 2003 / November 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / September 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / July 2008 /


Powered by Blogger