Ben – LEARNING FROM HOMER
The Simpsons. An excellent programme that has progressed far beyond what the creators could have ever imagined. There’s an episode where Homer & Marge are arguing over who should go to see which teacher in a PTA meeting. The devoted mother ends up going to the delinquent son’s and the beer swilling dad ends up at the child genius’ teacher meeting. All the parents crowd round him asking him the secret of his success whereupon he explains that Lisa’s success is all down to the TV guide.
Recently I have been sharing the same sentiments. Ben and I have been reading our Astro satellite television guide to great effect in that he now recognizes such channels as ESPN, Star World, MTV, AXN, the Disney Channel and Cartoon Network. And we have progressed to writing and drawing the various icons of each channel such as Micky Mouse ears (Disney Channel) and Cartoon Network’s chequered squares.
All I have to do now is give Ben some spiky hair. He already has Bart’s yellow skin colour after all!